Keynote Speaker & MC
Campbell Macpherson is an entertaining, motivational and thought-provoking public speaker and Master of Ceremonies who has delivered keynote addresses for in-house seminars and industry conferences around the world.
(Click the video above to relive the moment the 2018 Business Book of the Year was announced.)
Campbell is also an accomplished facilitator, moderator and lecturer.
Campbell can also work with your leadership team and attendees to ensure they are fully aligned and ready to get the most out of the event.
Book Campbell now for your next event: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chartwell Speakers’ Jan 2018 Speakers Update: “Speakers in the news: Check out our speakers of the week, including our newest speaker, Campbell Macpherson“
Chartwell Speakers’ March 2018 Speakers Update: “See what our speakers were up to last week … Campbell Macpherson, Author of the 2018 Business Book of the Year“
Following are some of the reviews of his speaking from corporate clients and delegates:“Excellent work at the Sovereign Investor Institute Global West Government Funds Roundtable. You did an awesome job. I heard nothing but enthusiastic comments from the delegates.” Scott Kalb, Chairman, Sovereign Investor Institute
“Campbell was the keynote speaker at the 2017 European Mortgage Summit. He delivered a fascinating presentation which drew on the insights set out in his book, The Change Catalyst. I’ve been leading change for over 30 years, including 10+ from the C-Suite and thought I knew everything there was to know on the subject. Campbell opened my mind to a whole new way of thinking and really brings to life the content of his highly practical book.” Peter Hill, CEO, Leeds Building Society “Exceptional speaker. Campbell’s presentation at the M&A Advisor Summit demonstrated a unique ability to blend humor with deep insight into strategy and change leadership. Clearly a leader in his field, he drew his audience in and captivated them with his mix of oratorical skill and obvious subject matter expertise.” Steven Klemencic, CFIUS Practice Leader, PwC
“Campbell is very genuine and brings a lot of realism and practical thinking to his work. His ideas are much more than a ‘motivational’ speech on change. His session was an inspirational and energising discussion that provided us with the tools and insights to manage change within our department, the wider organisation and in our personal lives as well. I am confident that those who apply his experience-based tips will improve their performance.” Rod Evans, EMEA Director, Intel
“We have had Campbell do the motivational, thought-provoking last session at a number of our business leader conferences. With the energy of a whirling dervish, he grabs the audience by their intellectual privates and takes them on a white knuckle ride which shatters their tired paradigms. He then reassembles their thinking and leaves them believing that successful change is possible. All this is done with wit and real life examples. I can only describe it as ‘laugh and learn’ business therapy.” Bharat Sagar, CEO AE3 Media“Campbell Macpherson does not hold back. At the launch of his book, The Change Catalyst, I was impressed by the energy and passion that he gave to the subject and also by the clarity and ease with which he turned complex and controversial matter into a clear and comprehensible form. His audience awareness was excellent, and with his easy Australian charm even those in the room who were probably guilty of the corporate issues he was articulating were nodding in agreement. Campbell makes you laugh and think at the same time. A thoroughly enjoyable presentation that left me feeling wiser than when I entered the room.” Duncan Finnie, Managing Director, MFS Investment Management“Campbell is a truly engaging speaker, who delivered a faultless performance. Campbell’s technique engaged with the audience and kept them captivated with anecdotes. He portrayed a succinct message throughout the speech, indicating a convincing love for and complete belief in the subject matter.” David Munday, UK Group Treasurer, Innogy Business Services“Campbell is an adroit Chair, using his extensive experience and knowledge as well as the ability to think quickly and react to comment both from panellists and the audience. He carries an event with charm and élan.” Luke Broadhurst, Managing Director, Shard Financial Media
“Your moderating was excellent and full of energy, which brought out great content from the panels.” Andrew Tosh, Conference Producer, Shard Financial Media
“Campbell is an engaging public speaker who conveys his passion for the subject. He uses tangible examples to illustrate the topics and his key skill is that he manages to make complex topics accessible.” Adrian Gibb, Partner Life Sciences, Roland Berger
“I heard Campbell speak at the M&A Advisor Summit in NYC and I wish I could hear his talk again right away. His talk was so engaging and rich with insights that I struggled to decide if I should focus and listen, take photos or take notes, knowing I couldn’t do all three at the same time well. I have been a speaker myself at over 200 events and attended many more, and I am aware of the skill and knowledge it takes to stand out and deliver value like Campbell did.” Benjamin Joffe, Partner, Hax Venture Capital
“Campbell Macpherson’s presentation “Embracing and Leading Change” at the 2017 M&A Advisor Summit in New York was definitely the highlight of the summit for me. His presentation was so compelling that I promptly purchased his book “The Change Catalyst” and I am already sharing the insights and strategies with my Executive Leadership Team.” Kathleen B. Shreiber, VP Finance, Chugach Government Solutions LLC“Campbell is a dynamic, engaging presenter. Never frightened to challenge his audience, always focused on delivering useful and insightful material with the ability to make the listener think. You never forget a Macpherson presentation.” Alastair Conway, CEO, James Hay Group
“I’ve worked with Campbell over a number of years and really like his clear thinking but challenging approach which he gets across in an engaging way. When you listen to Campbell you always learn something.” Julia Hobart, Partner, Leading Global Consulting Firm“Campbell had the unenviable task of leading the last hour of our annual Mortgage Summit for senior lenders across the UK. His talk was packed with insight and wisdom and delivered in a fast-paced, highly engaging manner that held the attention of everyone in the room. The following Q&A session was highly interactive when Campbell continued to discuss the quasi-academic subject with humour and passion. The feedback was excellent and it was a great end to the Summit.” David Cowan, MD, Financial Services Forum
“Being able to explain in simple, direct and actionable language what change management actually means is a great skill. Most firms fail because of their inability to understand what change involves and very often speakers lose their audiences because they do not get the message across. Campbell has a unique ability to engage and communicate complex ideas in ways which makes them relevant. His in-depth knowledge of change and setting business strategy and his motivational delivery makes him a must for all firms adapting to change in their marketplace.” Stephen Davie, Founder, Bard London (ex Dragon)
It’s not easy to grab and hold the attention of busy Type-A investment leaders. Campbell Macpherson has a passionate, truthful, and powerful message that cuts to the core of what all businesses need: a framework and pragmatic approach to achieve successful change. After he spoke, I watched a swarm of people gather around him eager to learn more: a true testimony to his leadership and expertise.” Vern Oakley, author of ‘Leadership in Focus and CEO of Tribe Pictures.
Copies of his “essential read” business book, and 2018 Business Book of the Year, ‘The Change Catalyst: secrets to successful and sustainable business change’, (Wiley 2017) can be made available to every delegate.
Just some of the topics that Campbell can explore with your audience include:
- Change is inevitable. Successful change isn’t.
- Why 88% of change initiatives, strategy, mergers and acquisitions fail
- Leading Change
- Embracing Change
- The Power of Change
- How will technological change affect your business?
- The essential ingredients to successful change
- A Change Catalyst: the secret weapon to successful and sustainable change
- Is your culture ready for change?
- The secrets to elusive M&A success
- The peasants are revolting: Widening inequality has gone too far. The backlash has begun.
- Automation: The ‘rise of the machines’ will make globalisation look like a picnic
- Responsible Capitalism: What is it? Why is it needed? What can we do?
- The power of Clarity
- Clarity, Culture & Execution – the secrets to success for any organisation
- Execution risk: the greatest risk of all
- ‘Predicting rain doesn’t count. Building arks does.’ (with thanks to Australian premier risk mitigation firm www.noahsrule.com.au for the title)
- Globalisation: an ideal example of how not to instigate change
- If Brexit was a proper change programme …
- Culture change: teaching people to walk in the rain
- Values Schmalues – developing values that genuinely underpin your strategy
- Why people don’t like change
- . . .
A few speaking highlights:
Some upcoming engagements:
- Singapore: Real Estate Results Network Principals conference – keynote speaker
- Morocco: IFSWF Annual Conference – speaker and facilitator. ‘What does it mean to be a long term investor?
Some previous engagements:
- Cirencester: St James Place Senior Management – Leading Change seminars
- London: Sovereign Investor Institute West Roundtable – Keynote Speaker: ‘What does it mean to be a genuine long term investor?’
- London: Corporate Growth Summit CNBC Interviewing Heinrich Zatlmayer about BlockChain & Crypto-Currencies
- Las Vegas: iPipeline US Insurance Connections conference – keynote speaker
- Florida: M&A Advisor ‘Power of Change’ – executive workshop
- UK: Leading pension platform: ‘Leading Change for Leadership Teams’ workshop
- Bibby Line Group Annual CEO ‘Leading Change’ Conference – Keynote Speaker
- M&A Advisor Annual Conference & Awards Dinner, New York – Keynote Speaker
- International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds (IFSWF), Astana Kazakhstan – Keynote Speaker
- FS Forum Mortgage Summit, Nice France – Keynote Speaker
- SWFI Conference, Amsterdam – Panel Speaker
- M&A Advisor Inaugural UK Conference – Panels Moderator
- The Change Catalyst Book Launch: ‘Change is inevitable; successful change isn’t.’
- Private Banking Conference – Owen James: ‘Culture change: teaching people to walk in the rain’ – Keynote Speaker
- Wealth Adviser Conference – Owen James: ‘Building an effective advisory practice’ – Keynote Speaker
- Distribution Technology Annual Industry Conference: MC and Keynote Speaker: ‘Building a change-resistant practice’
- Sesame Adviser Roadshows: Keynote address at innumerable venues.
- CASE Asia Pacific: Keynote address: ‘Creating Raving Fans in your business’.
- MC and facilitator for innumerable client workshops, conferences and round-table sessions
Download a PDF of his experience and services here: Campbell Macpherson Experience & CSI Propositions.